AJC enrolls students and their families. We believe the education of each student is a partnership with parents and guardians, who are their child’s first and most important teacher. We believe this partnership between the School and family is critical for our students to succeed.
In order for each child to remain a student at AJC, we ask every family to commit to this covenant.
The School will:
- Welcome and treat families with respect.
- Support families in times of need.
- Establish positive and respectful relationships with students.
- Educate students to the best of its ability.
- Enforce standards of student behavior in a fair, firm, and caring way.
- Keep parents informed of students’ successes and struggles.
- Communicate with families on a regular basis.
- Play an active role in placing graduates in the best possible high school setting.
- Continue to help and support students after AJCES.
The family will:
- Pay an enrollment fee of $50 per child (plus a $50 fee to re-enroll each academic year).
- Purchase School uniforms and send your child to school in uniform.
- Make certain that your child comes to school each day on time except in the case of illness.
- Communicate with the School if your child will be late or absent, or if there is a change in contact information (phone or address).
- Back-to-School Night
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences in the fall and spring.
- Plan for your child to attend three weeks of required summer school for rising 6th – 8th graders.
- Support consequences for behaviors regarded as unacceptable by the School.